EVENT PROGRESS* - Raised: $76,404 *(As of Saturday, Dec 15, 2018)
Top family teams
The Friedman Twinkies
Top non-family teams
GE Digital ATL
Jack and Jill - Buckhead Atlanta Chptr
Zeta Phi Beta - Omicron Kappa Zeta
*The total amount displayed reflects the amount on the team or personal fundraising progress bar. If the progress bar is not displayed on the team or personal page, the team/person
won't be displayed on the leaderboard. Leaderboard totals reflect cash and checks marked "received" on the online sponsor form as well as credit card and PayPal donations. Team
captains can enter as cash and mark "received" any money raised through promotions, such as bake sales and casual days and any sponsorship money paid to the March of Dimes,
on their team's online form. Record all donations on your online sponsor form before you turn in cash and checks to the March of Dimes!
The Fisher Family
Our daughter Mackenzie was born at 26 ½ weeks with some of the lowest Apgar scores thinkable. We accepted this as an obstacle and with God’s plan and our sheer will, we forged ahead. 10 months in the NICU and 4 months in the TICU at Scottish Rite we were heading home finally! With 12 hours nursing care, a g-tube, tracheostomy, and pulse ox machine this- became our new normal for 3 years; with hopes Mackenzie would grow so we could prepare for surgery to correct her narrow-damaged trachea. These were extremely long days and nights; as we took 3 steps forward and 2 steps back for the next three years.
At age 6, Mackenzie and I moved to Chicago and remained there 4 months as she underwent an 8- hour surgery on her esophagus at Children’s Memorial in Chicago. The surgery was successful, but we were facing an uphill battle with her delayed milestones, feeding aversion, and the fact she was non- verbal. Obstacle number 2 required intensive therapy three to four times a week and addressing her sensory issues. At age 8, we received a diagnosis of Autism- that now started a new mindset and another list of hurdles! At this point we felt like we had been running a never ending marathon! We shifted gears again (Now What!) and provided Mackenzie with as much love and support as we could. Mackenzie is now 13 and a medal winning Special Olympic equestrian. She loves Reading, Art, Music, and traveling. Do we have tough times ahead of us…? absolutely, but we made it through with God’s grace. She is a thriving, moody, happy, teenager with high hopes of becoming an artist. It is our life’s goal to spread the word about premature birth and how to advocate for these unique differently abled children.
- Early Bird! “Wear Your Why” button for $100 online by 8 weeks before event
- Official March for Babies event t-shirt
- March for Babies packing cubes OR stainless tumbler + event t-shirt
- March for Babies beanie OR canvas lunch cooler + event t-shirt
- Personalized "Why I Walk" sign displayed on the walk route
- Champion for Babies LSleeve T + umbrella OR speaker/tablet stand+event t-shirt
- Champion for Babies LSleeve T + duffel OR beach tent + event t-shirt
- Champion for Babies LSleeve T + fleece jacket OR chair w speaker + event t-shirt
- Champion for Babies LSleeve T + rolling cooler OR bungee chair + event t-shirt
- Champion for Babies LSleeve T+jumbo block game OR Northface jacket+event t-shirt