*The total amount displayed reflects the amount on the team or personal fundraising progress bar. If the progress bar is not displayed on the team or personal page, the team/person
won't be displayed on the leaderboard. Leaderboard totals reflect cash and checks marked "received" on the online sponsor form as well as credit card and PayPal donations. Team
captains can enter as cash and mark "received" any money raised through promotions, such as bake sales and casual days and any sponsorship money paid to the March of Dimes,
on their team's online form. Record all donations on your online sponsor form before you turn in cash and checks to the March of Dimes!
The Chamberlain Familly
Lisa and Mitchell wanted one more baby to complete their family, a sibling for their son, Grady. On the day of Lisa’s 8-week ultrasound, they discovered that their wish had been granted—in triplicate! At 22 weeks, an ultrasound revealed that he girls were developing a potentially lethal condition called Twin-to-Twin Transfusion Syndrome (TTTS). Emergency surgery was necessary to save them, but the earliest the surgery could take place was the next morning. During the night, Baby Eden’s heart stopped. Lisa and Mitchell were devastated. At 26 weeks, Lisa’s water broke. Three days later, she began to show signs of preeclampsia and Fiona’s heartbeat was slowing down. The babies were delivered by C-section. Fiona weighed 1 lb., 9 oz., and Briar weighed just 1 lb., 5 oz. Fiona took to feeding easily, and nearly made it home without ever being intubated. There were many rough days, but she recovered. Fiona came home having spent a total of 85 days in the NICU. From the beginning, things were tough for Briar. After 114 days in the NICU, Briar came home on continuous oxygen. The babies’ stay in the NICU was a roller coaster ride for the whole family. Today, nearly two years later, all three children are happy, healthy, and thriving. Grady loves his sisters, and the girls love to play with their big brother when he comes home from school. Lisa and Mitchell are relieved that oxygen tanks and feeding tubes are in the past, and they are thankful for the fantastic care and support the whole family received.
- Official March for Babies event t-shirt
- Early Bird! raise $100 online by Feb 28 and receive a picture frame magnet
- March for Babies fashion tote OR leather journal + event t-shirt
- March for Babies computer backpack OR picnic blanket tote + event t-shirt
- Personalized "Why I Walk" sign displayed on the walk route
- Champion for Babies hat + round beach towel OR yoga mat + event t-shirt
- Champion for Babies hat + Igloo Cooler OR terri hoodie + event t-shirt
- Champion for Babies hat + travel duffel OR insulated jacket + event t-shirt
- Champion for Babies hat + sport couch OR Under Armour jacket + event t-shirt